A contribution of $150 is suggested from the organization or business using the space. The library has 10 tables 24” x 63” and chairs for use. The room can be configured in a variety of ways to suit any event specifications. The following vendors are available to meet all catering needs for any event held at the library.
These crewel wing chairs were designed by Mary Webb Wood and constructed by Woodmark Originals to celebrate 50 years of chair making by Elliott S. Wood. The design is taken from six tapestries which comprise the series known as "The Lady and the Unicorn", which hang in the Cluny Museum in Paris. The crewel work was executed in Kashmir. They were donated to the Library by Mr. and Mrs. Elliott S. Wood. The hall piece was the first of a group of designs submitted to HERITAGE FURNITURE CO. in 1958 by Dorothy Draper of Bloomingdale's. The group was named "The Mediterranean Collection". This chest was the first offering by a manufacturer to capture the Mediterranean style that dominated the furniture industry for ten years. This chest was donated by Mr. Gail Hersch. Jr.
Here, visitors may study design while surrounded by design. These TG-15 Lounge Chairs – often referred to as the “T chair” because of the T-shaped frame and leather sling seat – were designed by Bill Katavolos, Ross Littell, and Douglas Kelley for Laverne Studios in 1952. These twentieth century design classics are among permanent collections at MOMA, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Louvre – and our Library, from the personal collection of founder, Sandy Bienenstock.