The Grayson House, built in 1923, is on the National Register of Historic Places. The grand architecture has been preserved. Many of the original fixtures including crystal door knobs, classic Greek key mouldings and contemporary light fixtures grace the library. With the addition of the Vuncannon Room and the Hadley Court Center for Design Collaboration the Library can facilitate meetings and research. The Library has an elevator for handicapped accessibility.
Here, visitors may study design while surrounded by design. Several classic chairs including the “T chair” because of the T-shaped frame and leather sling seat – were designed by Bill Katavolos, Ross Littell, and Douglas Kelley for Laverne Studios in 1952. These twentieth century design classics are among permanent collections at MOMA, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Louvre – and our Library, from the personal collection of founder, Sandy Bienenstock.